Thursday, January 3, 2008

Who are you voting for?


This is the question people keep asking. Several people have insisted that I vote for Barack Obama. Others have said it's all about Hilary Clinton. Just to mess with people, I look them straight in the eye, without cracking a smile and tell them I'm voting for Mike Huckabee and if not him then Mitt Romney. LOL. I'm so devious. You should see the looks on the faces of my liberal and leftist friends. Oh boy!


So who am I voting for? The truth is, I don't know. I have issues with each candidate. Let me lay it out for you:


Hillary Clinton: She's a snake. Not someone I'd trust at all. I know how much Black folks love the Clintons. We're some fools though. I wish everyone could read Randall Robinson's book called, The Debt: What America Owes to Blacks. He talks about the Clinton administration and how they undermined the growth of Black Americans and hurt the Caribbean's economic development as well. Yeah, no thanks.


Barack Obama: I'm sorry but this dude just is not doing it for me. I have to agree with the political analysts (and surprisingly Hillary Clinton) when they say that he doesn't have enough experience. I've watched a couple of the debates and he's done a poor job in my opinion. Some Black folks have pretty much told me I should vote for him because he's Black. Uh...no! Are we still operating of off such silly notions? C'mon people! Is brown skin the only requirement? Well, what about Clarence Thomas, he has brown skin...

John Edwards: Who? I'm just kidding. But seriously, I really do forget about him. He's boring. I found myself yawning as I was listening to him speak on "The Today Show" this morning. He's the same ole, dry, boring politician. You could substitute him with any White, male, democrat with a carefully coiffed hair cut. (And didn't he spend thousands of dollars on a haircut at one point?) YAWN! At least Obama and Clinton are interesting.

Mike Huckabee: Evangelical Christian, right wing, conservative. I don't need to say anymore. Says, Huckabee, "I will take our country back for those who belong here. No open borders, no amnesty, no sanctuary, no false Social Security numbers, no driver's licenses for illegals." Those who belong here? Hmm...we know who "they" think doesn't belong here...it at aint you my friend and it aint me. Why doesn't he just come out and say, "America is a White, Christian country. The rest of you don't belong here."

Mitt Romney, John McCain (i.e. George Bush), and Rudy Guliani:
This is my answer:

So, what am I left with? No independent candidate. And really no one that moves me. Let's just call it indecision 2008, shall we?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamerican Muslimah,

You had me laughing out loud with this commentary!!!! You should seriuosly think about writing comedy, your stuff is great.

On a more serious note, something is going on with this Obama candidacy. The guy is on fire! At this point (premature I know) I think he will be the next president. I'm definitely with you on the Clintons. If Black folk would stop moving so emotionally and look at the facts of how the Clintons stabbed their own Black friends in the back (Mike Espy, Lanie Guinier), they'ed think differently about them I'm sure.

I have to admit, I think it is good for the county to finally have an "African-American" President (yeah we know the real deal). I listened to his victory speech in Iowa....the boy got off. I don't have a whole lot invested in this guy, but I still think we'll be better off if he wins. I also hope I don't live to reject those words.

Keep up the good work. Again, very, very funny.

Anonymous said...

I may vote for McCain as I am a big boxing fan. As for Obama, until he can admit who His father was or is ( not sure if he is alive) I will not vote for him. IF HE CAN DENY DADDY, YOU KNOW HE CAN DENY BLACK FOLKS. I like to deal with the wolves, atleast I know what I am going to get. The fox always appears to be a friend and then they go in for the kill. Afterall, Clinton did sign into law the prisoner reform act and the new welfare laws. I will take my chances with McCain, only if Obama refuses to acknowledge his father, a muslim man. McCain is outside of the republican norm, hoping and praying for another FDR. OR I CAN MOVE BACK TO BARBADOS.