Tuesday, January 15, 2008

We took the plunge

Subhanallah, it finally happened. I’m married now! It seems like it took us forever to get here. As planned we had a small ceremony followed by a dinner with my family. So here I am now in my new city. I can’t say I completely dislike it. It’s a lot slower and the people are different. I think I need to give it time and also need to find a job. (Right now I'm a housewife!) Once I do that maybe I’ll have a different perspective.

Alhamdulillah, I’m pleased with my new husband. It’s so unlike the last time I was married. I mean, it feels different. I feel content. I don’t feel like I’m faking it or forcing anything. It just “is”. I thank Allah for blessing me with someone who is as driven and focused as I am. More importantly, I thank Allah for blessing me with a man who is so patient. (You definitely need a lot of patience to deal with me!)

7 comments:

Safiyyah said...

As Salaamu Alaikum Sis:

Well, Mabrook! I'm so happy for you! May you always be content and at ease/Ameen.

Anonymous said...

May Allah make your marriage blesse and productive. Good luck and hope you remain together in happiness till the end of your days. Amin.

Anonymous said...

Mabrouk!! :-D
May Allah Ta'ala Bless your marriage. May it bring much Happiness, Peace & Love for the both of you. Ameen

AsSalamu 'alaykum, A.

Anonymous said...

Congradulation im so happy for you sister, May Allaah bless your marriage. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Alhamdullilah,may you be blessed with lots of love and good children, Insya Allah.

Zayna said...

Mabrouk! I hope Allah blesses you with a wonderful Marriage. Enjoy being a housewife for a bit too!

Anonymous said...

As-salaamu-alaikum,
Hooray!